Topics to be covered in Wiley’s Advanced BBQ Class with Sam Huff
October 13, 2012
- Breakfast Social
- Student Introductions, Expectations, Cooking Equipment, and Questions
- Reading Lists, Favorite Cookbooks, Periodicals, Magazines
- Grills, Consistency, Grilling vs Smoking, Direct vs Indirect, Temperature vs Time, Wiley’s Secret Weapons
- Firing up the Big Green Egg, other ceramic cookers and Webers. How to use them successfully.
- Food Safety
- Chicken Prep, Beer Can Chicken, Thighs vs Halves vs Wings
- Ribs, Babybacks vs St. Louis vs Full Spares, Prep and seasoning, how to determine when done
- Pork, Butts vs Shoulder, Injection vs Brining, Stuffed Pork Loin
- Brisket, Packer vs Flat, Flat vs Point, Slicing Flat vs Point, Burnt Ends, Injections
- Rubs, Sauces, Marinades
- Proven recipes to take home and impress your family and friends. Some examples:
- Perfect Steak
- Tri tip
- Smoked Prime Rib
- Stuffed Pork Loin
- Grilled Asparagus
- Smoked Baked Potatoes
- Smoked Corn
**We will be sampling and tasting all of the food discussed all day long. Come hungry.
***Wiley’s has been doing cooking classes for the last five years. Some of the items listed above are the most requested and popular from our students. Also included are many items that can move you to the next level of BBQ success.
Headliner and news maker, Wiley's Championship BBQ invites you to "Eat BBQ here!" at the "Best Savannah BBQ" spot (according to Savannah Magazine and Connect Savannah readers' polls).
Voted “Best Savannah Barbecue” (2010 and 2011) in the Savannah Magazine and Connect Savannah polls, AND “Best Barbecue Ribs” (2011), Wiley’s Championship BBQ restaurant in Savannah, GA offers ideas for barbecue take out or eat in to Savannah and Tybee vacation goers.
We think Wiley’s BBQ is the answer to your questions of “Where to eat near Tybee Island?” or “Where to eat in Savannah? ‘The Barbecue General’ aka Wiley McCrary says, “Eat BBQ here!” From his end-of-the bar perch at the barbecue restaurant and at barbecue cooking classes he preaches, too, the gospel of barbecue.
Below are a few more Questions with Answers. We hope you will keep in touch … and EAT BBQ HERE! Follow Wiley’s on Twitter @WileysBBQ and Facebook. Continue reading
Looking at your web site, are you only open 11am to 3pm on Monday and Tuesday? I need to know what time to leave Tampa, FL. for your BBQ on a Tuesday in a couple of weeks.
Yes, David, we are only open until 3 on Tuesdays….
Hope we will see you soon!!
Have you stopped by yet??
We were there yesterday and I have to say, it is certainly what I expected. My wife and I shared a sampler plate with ribs, fried okra, beans and sweet potato casserole. I’m having the chicken for a snack this evening!
Glad you enjoyed it David! When will you be coming back through???